Leica Q (Typ 116)
A no compromise compact, the Leica Q (Typ 116) Digital Camera wields a full-frame 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor within its exceptionally portable, and beautiful, body. Leveraging the power of the Leica Maestro II series image processor, high-resolution, low-noise imaging is possible at sensitivities up to ISO 50,000 and at a continuous rate of 10 fps. Also, the camera utilizes a Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens to allow users to dramatically separate the subject from the background as well as work in difficult light conditions.
Design is benefitted by Leica's classic simple aesthetic and the body has easily read laser engraved lettering, numbers, and dials. Construction is solid with a solid machined aluminum top plate and a lightweight magnesium alloy body. Also, it has a large thumb rest on the back and a diamond pattern on the front leathering to ensure a firm, comfortable grip over the camera. Further, the Q (Typ 116) has a built-in 3.68-megapixel LCOS electronic viewfinder which provides a live through-the-lens image with handling similar to that of a rangefinder.
In addition to fully manual control with physical operation using the aperture and focus rings on the lens, auto focus is possible using a contrast-based system. This enables fast, sharp imaging at the click of the shutter. The rear 3.0" 1,040k-dot touchscreen LCD monitor helps by allowing users to quickly take control of their focus by just tapping on their subject. Focusing aids are also available in the form of Focus Peaking and Live View Zoom.
Another benefit of the updated Maestro II processor is full HD 1080p video capture at 60 or 30 fps. A built-in stereo microphone enables high-quality sound recording and an integrated wind filter limits extraneous noise. Full manual control will then allow users to dial in the exact look they want or need for their shot.
Share your photos and videos instantly thanks to an integrated Wi-Fi module which allows you to link the camera to a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The Q also has an NFC chip for tap-to-connect functionality with certain devices and the free Leica Q app lets you take remote control of your camera for adjusting exposure while you shoot from odd angles and positions. Additionally, a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is included for professional-level management, editing, and export of your stills and video.
- Leica Q (Typ 116)
- With Leica's classic styling's, the Q (Typ 116) offers an intuitive, minimal design while remaining compact. It packs a full-frame sensor and Summilux lens for optimal image quality in both stills and video. An electronic viewfinder is also available for rangefinder-like operation and handling, much like their M-series cameras.
- 24 MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Image Processor
- Featuring a full-frame 24 MP CMOS sensor, this camera can capture sharp high-resolution images and full HD video with exceptionally low noise at sensitivities up to ISO 50,000. Combined with the power of the Maestro II image processor, this enables continuous shooting at a rate of up to 10 fps and video at up to 60 fps.
- Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens
- Take control of your imaging with the ability to separate the subject from the background with the Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens of the Leica Q (Typ 116). It has a fast f/1.7 maximum aperture for working in low light conditions and both a physical aperture blade and focus ring for tactile operation. Users looking for a little tighter framing can benefit from a Digital Frame Selector setting which will crop in either 1.25x to a 35mm equivalent or 1.8x for a 50mm equivalent field of view, both of which will be visible on the EVF and LCD. Additionally, further benefitting image quality is an optical stabilization system to reduce camera shake in videos and photos and the ability to accept 49mm threaded filters.
- Electronic Viewfinder
- Natural, ergonomic shooting is possible with the inclusion of a 3.68 MP LCOS electronic viewfinder in the top left corner on the back of the camera. This setup provides an exceptionally clear and bright viewing experience with a 1280 x 960 pixels x 3 colors design.
- 3.0" 1,040k-Dot LCD Touchscreen
- Compose images, review photos, and adjust settings using the large 3.0" 1,040k-dot LCD touchscreen on the rear of the camera. This panel is also touch capable for making fast changes to your settings. This enables features like touch focus for simply tapping on your subject to lock on.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- Record full HD 1080p video at either 60 or 30 fps with the Q, capturing sharp, highly detailed images thanks to the Maestro II image processor. The camera can also shoot 720p at 30 fps.
- Body Design
- Incorporating a solid machined aluminum top plate and a magnesium alloy body, the Q (Typ 116) is designed to last. The rear features a substantial thumb rest which combined with the diamond-patterned leathering makes for a supremely comfortable and secure grip over the camera.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Share your photos and videos instantly thanks to an integrated Wi-Fi module which allows you to link the camera to a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The Q also has an NFC chip for tap-to-connect functionality with certain devices and the free Leica Q app lets you take remote control of your camera for adjusting exposure while you shoot from odd angles and positions.
- Other Camera Features
- A download of Adobe Lightroom is made available after purchase, and is ideally suited to processing of the Q's DNG RAW image files.
- DNG RAW and JPEG shooting are supported.
- Flash synchronization at up to 1/500 second.
- Selectable 10, 5, and 3 fps.
- Hot shoe for external flash units.
We Also Recommend