Combining a super telephoto length, bright aperture, and lightweight design, this FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens for Sony E-mount cameras is ideal for sports, wildlife, and nature photographers. The fast 2.8 aperture provides great depth of field control for isolating subjects as well as maximizing performance for low-light shooting situations. Three fluorite elements reduce chromatic aberration and one ED element further increases performance and image quality by reducing flare and ghosting while shooting in harsh conditions.
Weighing in at just 6.4 lb, this lens is incredibly portable for glass of its size. The weight of the lens is also redistributed to the back where it would sit over a monopod, making tracking subjects and panning easier. Complementing that is Sony's XD Linear Motor autofocus system, which quickly and quietly tracks subjects across the frame even while shooting at high speeds. Furthermore, Optical SteadyShot can combine with in-body stabilization to provide 5-axis stabilization.
Video shooters will also be pleased to find power focus functionality, which provides smooth, even focus while shooting movies. The magnesium-alloy body of this lens is also weather sealed to protect against dirt, dust, and moisture while shooting in adverse conditions. A tripod collar can be rotated around the lens to provide maximum functionality with tripods or monopods.
- Super telephoto prime is designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, however it is also suitable for use with APS-C cameras where it provides a 600mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture offers great control over depth of field as well as improved low-light performance.
- Three fluorite elements and one extra-low dispersion element reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color accuracy.
- Nano AR Coating reduces flare and ghosting, which provides increased better clarity and contrast.
- XD Linear Motor System quietly and quickly focuses on fast-moving subjects while shooting at high speeds.
- Power Focus functionality for smooth focus during video recording.
- Optical SteadyShot Stabilization provides 5-axis image stabilization when paired with a camera that features in-body image stabilization.
- Weight distribution is balanced toward the back of the lens, making it easier to pan and track moving subjects.
- Magnesium alloy, G Master lens has a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust, dirt, and moisture.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.Compatible with optional FE 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.