Mixing a useful zoom range with a sophisticated design, the Nikon F-mount Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM is a Contemporary-series lens, also characterized by its compact, lightweight profile. The bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range pairs with the wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom range to create an ideal travel and everyday lens. The optical design uses a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements to control color fringing and distortion in order to realize high clarity and sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to suppress flare and surface reflections for improved contrast in bright conditions. Also, this zoom sports a high 1:2.8 maximum magnification and 8.7" minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects.
In terms of handling, a Hyper Sonic Motor is incorporated in the design to provide fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An Optical Stabilizer also minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the 17-70mm f/2.8-4 features a rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and it is compatible with the optional USB Dock for fine-tuning focusing characteristics and updating its firmware.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom is designed for DX-format Nikon F-mount cameras and provides a 25.5-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range is suitable for working in available light conditions and also benefits depth of field control for isolating subject matter.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and two F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Ideal for close-up shooting, this lens offers a 1:2.8 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 8.7" to suit working with nearby subjects.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.