Optimized for close-up shooting, the SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 VC USD Lens from Tamron is a short telephoto prime designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs. Offering a life-size maximum magnification ratio of 1:1, this lens benefits working with small and nearby subjects and employs a Floating System for maintained image quality throughout the 11.8" to infinity focusing range. One Low Dispersion and two Extra Low Dispersion glass elements are incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing for clean, consistent sharpness and clarity throughout the magnification range. BBAR and eBAND coatings have also been applied to minimize flare and ghosting for increased contrast when working in strong lighting conditions, and a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality to benefit shallow depth of field imagery. As an update to the classic 90mm macro, this enhanced version is well-suited to the high-resolution crop of DSLRs and blends timeless appeal and functionality with current imaging performance.
Supporting the imaging attributes is Vibration Compensation image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. Also aiding in creating sharp imagery, a precise, macro-optimized ring-type USD autofocus motor provides fast and well-controlled focusing performance. A dedicated USD actuator is used to refine focusing precision at close distances and also compensates for small amounts of camera shake common to working at higher magnifications. Additionally, the focus motor affords full-time manual focus control for a greater range of adjustment capabilities. A moisture-resistant physical construction enables its use in trying environments and the front element has also received a fluorine coating to guard against smudges and moisture from affecting image quality. Additionally, this lens is compatible with the optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning focusing performance and updating the lens' firmware.
- A short-telephoto focal length optimized for macro shooting, this 90mm lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, and is also compatible with DX models where it will provide a 135mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture offers a clean viewfinder image and is also beneficial for working in low-light conditions and for isolating focus.
- One LD (Low Dispersion) and two XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements are incorporated in the 14 elements, 11 groups optical design, and contribute to a marked reduction in chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the aperture and focusing ranges.
- Designed as a true macro lens, this optic affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification ratio along with an 11.8" minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects, and a Floating System is employed for consistent image quality and sharpness throughout the focusing range.
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) and BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings have been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization is incorporated into the lens' design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions. An accelerometer has also been added to the VC system to compensate for shift-type camera shakes along the X/Y plane, and a gyro sensor is used to accurately detect and enable motion compensation throughout the focusing range.
- Ring-type USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor and an optimized USD actuator are employed for fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video recording. This motor also enables full-time manual focus control without having to shift into a dedicated MF mode.
- An internal focusing mechanism is also used to maintain the overall lens length during use, along with a comfortable working distance of approximately 5.5".
- A Focus Limiter Switch is used to constrain the lens' focusing range for faster performance. A choice of 1.6'-infinity, 11.8"-1.6', and 11.8"-infinity ranges are available.
- Moisture-resistant construction incorporates seals around the lens mount and other areas to benefit working in inclement conditions. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element to repel water, fingerprints, and smudges for easier cleaning of the lens surface.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm produces a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- Compatible with the optional TAP-in Console for updating the lens' firmware as well as adjusting focus settings via the TAP-in Utility software.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.