A sleek form factor along with capable imaging and a long-reaching zoom, the Cyber-shot DSC-HX99 from Sony is a compact camera well-suited for travel and everyday shooting. Revolving around a back-illuminated 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, the HX99 is capable of producing notably smooth and clear imagery with low noise levels, along with an expandable sensitivity range up to ISO 12800. The sensor and processor combination also avail fast performance throughout the camera system, including a 10-fps continuous shooting rate and UHD 4K30p video recording. Complementing the imaging is a balanced physical design, which incorporates both a pop-up OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder and 180° tilting 3.0" 921k-dot touchscreen LCD, along with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless image sharing and remote camera control via a linked smartphone or tablet. Contrasting its sleek size, the HX99 is also distinguished by its impressive 30x zoom ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens, which provides a 24-720mm equivalent zoom range. Spanning wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, this lens benefits from Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld imagery. Designed to be a versatile, all-in-one pocketable camera, the HX99 mixes both capability and intuitiveness to appeal to a wide range of shooting needs.
18.2MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
Utilizing an 18.2MP 1/2.3" Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, the HX99 is able to produce high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video with notable clarity and smooth tonality. The sensor employs a back-illuminated design, which allows it to achieve reduced noise levels along with a native sensitivity range to ISO 3200 that can be extended to ISO 12800 for working in low-light conditions. The sensor and processor also provide a continuous shooting rate of 10 fps for up to 10 consecutive frames in a burst.
Additionally, the HX99 is the first HX-series camera capable of recording UHD 4K video, at either 30p or 24p frame rates, as well as Full HD video. 4K video uses full sensor pixel readout to record approximately 1.6x times the required information, and this oversampling process helps to deliver greater clarity along with reduced moiré and other artifacts.
ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 30x Zoom Lens
Covering wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, the built-in 30x ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens spans a 24-720mm equivalent focal length range. Five aspherical elements are incorporated in the optical design, which reduce spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range, and a T* anti-reflective coating helps to control lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality.
Complementing the optical design, Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is also used to minimize the appearance of camera shake. An Intelligent Active Mode is also available to reduce blur common to shooting video while moving. Also aiding in achieving sharp imagery, Fast Intelligent AF employs an optimized spatial object detection algorithm to quicken focusing speeds, and Eye AF can be used to automatically detect and focus on the eyes of the main subject.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Helping to maintain a sleek form factor, the 638.4k-dot OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder employs a unique pop-up design to retain a pocketable overall size when not in use.
- Rear 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor employs a 180° tilting design to facilitate working from low angles or taking front-facing selfies, and this screen is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation as well as the ability to work with Touch Focus, Touch Pad AF, and Touch Shutter functions.
- A control ring surrounds the lens for directly and intuitively adjusting shooting settings, such as shutter speed and aperture, among others.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination when working in low-light conditions.
- The large right-hand grip offers increased comfort and support for longer shooting sessions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC lets you wirelessly share imagery to a smartphone or tablet for instant sharing online. This connectivity also lets you remotely control the camera from a mobile device. Additionally, Bluetooth connectivity also lets you embed your mobile device's location data to your images for geotagging.
- Included NP-BX1 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 370 shots per charge when working with the rear monitor, or 300 shots per charge when shooting with the electronic viewfinder.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.