Sating a multimedia craving, the black Panasonic Lumix DCZS80 is a pocketable workhorse comprising a versatile array of video and stills capabilities. Featuring a 20.3MP 1/2.3" High-Sensitivity Live MOS sensor, the ZS80 realizes rich image quality with low noise and sensitivity to an extended ISO 6400 for working in difficult lighting conditions. The sensor and image processor also enable shooting continuously at up to 10 fps with single-shot AF, 30 fps at 8MP in 4K PHOTO modes, and UHD 4K video recording at 30p. Additionally, the 4K PHOTO modes allow you to produce stromotion images, which combine sequential exposures into a single frame for a dynamic finished look.
Complementing the sensor's capabilities is an equally impressive Leica DC Vario-Elmar 30x zoom lens, which covers a 24-720mm equivalent focal length range, as well as a 5-axis POWER Optical Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Also notable is the camera's compact size and incorporation of both a 2.33m-dot electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share imagery or remotely control the camera from a linked smartphone or tablet.
20.3MP High-Sensitivity MOS Sensor
A 20.3MP 1/2.3" High Sensitivity MOS sensor helps to realize rich image quality with reduced noise and high sensitivity to an expanded ISO 6400. The imaging and processing capabilities also avail continuous shooting rates up to 10 fps in single-shot AF mode, 5 fps with continuous AF, or 30 fps at 8MP in the 4K Photo modes.
Leica DC Vario-Elmar 30x Zoom Lens
A truly expansive 30x Leica DC Vario-Elmar zoom offers a 24-720mm equivalent focal length range along with a maximum aperture range of f/3.3-6.4. The lens construction incorporates five double-sided aspherical elements to minimize spherical aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range for increased image clarity and sharpness.
Benefitting the long reach of the lens is a 5-axis POWER Optical Image Stabilizer that compensates for a variety of camera movements for sharper handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. This image stabilization system also enables a unique Level Shot function that automatically detects the horizontal line of the recording image and keeps it level during shooting, regardless of camera tilt, helping to achieve greater shooting stability.
4K Video and PHOTO Modes
The sensor and processor combination also enables 4K video recording at 30p in the MP4 format at 100 Mb/s. Full HD 1080p and HD 720p recording is also possible, as well as high-speed HD and VGA recording with 120 fps and 240 fps slow-motion playback, respectively.
Besides video, the 4K capabilities also permit recording 8MP stills at 30 fps in a trio of ways:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 15 minutes, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Additionally, Sequence Composition mode can be used to synthesize sequentially recorded images taken with 4K PHOTO modes and composite them into a single dynamic image—a stromotion—that clearly shows subject movement while retaining a single static background.
Post Focus and Focus Stacking
Another attribute of the 4K capabilities is a unique focusing method called Post Focus. Working in conjunction with the contrast-detection focusing system and the intelligent Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology, Post Focus records imagery as a 4K MP4 file at 30 fps and shifts the specific point of focus throughout the burst shooting in order to offer a range of distinct focusing ranges to choose from. During playback, via the camera's touchscreen, you can then tap the specific region of the image you wish to be in focus and an 8MP JPEG file will be created. Multiple individual files with different points of focus can be created from the original burst, and focusing assist functions can also be used to gain even more precise control over the specific in-focus region.
This technology also allows for producing focus stacked images in-camera to realize a greater depth of field, especially when photographing close-up subjects. In this mode, images are recorded and saved with varying points of focus and then blended together to gain an extended depth of field.
Body Design and Built in Wi-Fi
- A Live View Finder (LVF) is integrated into the sleek body design to permit comfortable eye-level monitoring. This 0.21", 0.53x-magnification electronic viewfinder has a 2.33m-dot resolution and covers 100% of the image frame while shooting.
- Alternatively, a rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for live view shooting, image review, and intuitive menu navigation. The screen's design incorporates a 180° tilting mechanism to benefit shooting from high and low angles, as well as for taking front-facing selfies.
- A host of manual controls offer simple, direct control over a variety of oft-used camera settings, including a control ring surrounding the lens that can be configured to adjust zoom, shutter speed, manual focus, and ISO sensitivity.
- A micro-USB port allows you to charge the battery in-camera.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides you with 380 shots per charge when working with the rear LCD, 250 shots per charge with the electronic viewfinder, or 340 shots per charge when working with the electronic viewfinder in the eco 30-fps setting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share photos and movies to linked smartphones and tablets for direct sharing online. This connectivity also allows you to remotely control the camera from a mobile device.
Other Camera Features
- Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology affords impressively fast and precise autofocus performance to suit photographing moving subjects.
- Focus peaking is available for easier, more accurate manual focusing control.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Still Image Scene Guide modes: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, and Monochrome.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom.
- Picture Adjustment settings: Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, and Saturation.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.