Pairing a useful range of telephoto focal lengths with an especially fast design, this Canon EF-mount Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM is an Art-series zoom mixing impressive versatility with advanced optics. The bright f/1.8 constant maximum aperture offers consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications. The optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion and high-refractive index elements, which help to achieve high clarity and sharpness by suppressing various aberrations, color fringing, and distortion. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied, too, which controls lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Balancing the optical merits, this 50-100mm also sports an advanced Hyper Sonic Motor, along with an internal focusing and zoom design, to promote fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. Additionally, a tripod collar is integrated into the lens's design for greater stability when working atop a tripod or monopod.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-mount cameras and provides an 80-160mm equivalent focal length range.
- Impressively fast f/1.8 constant maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions throughout the zoom range and also offers increased control over focus when working with selective focus techniques.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. Additionally, one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element controls spherical aberrations for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with an internal focusing system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized
- AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Internal zoom and focus designs limit the overall length of the lens during operation for more intuitive, controlled handling as well as faster performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm is constructed from durable, fluorine-coated polycarbonate and also features a carbon feather film for smooth performance when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Fixed, rotating tripod collar offers increased stability when working from a tripod and integrates 90° click stops for intuitive switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.