Equipped with a built-in 2.4 GHz radio transceiver, the HVL-F45RM Wireless Radio Flash from Sony will help users quickly create portable lighting setups with complete support for P-TTL / ADI metering. This flash can be set as a commander or a remote that fully supports Sony's existing radio commanders and receivers, including ratio control, the ability to work with up to 15 flashes in five groups, and access to 14 channels. The flash works within Sony's optical wireless flash system as well, where it is also able to operate as either a commander or remote unit.
Improving upon the previous model, the HVL-F45RM reduces size and weight by over 10% while improving the guide number to 148' at ISO 100 and 105mm and improving the recycle time to 2.5 seconds. Full bounce capabilities are available as well with tilt from -8 to 150° and a total of 360° of rotation. Also, it has a zoom head of 24-105mm which can be expanded to 15mm with a pull-out diffusion panel alongside an LED light useful for video. The flash offers vastly improved controls via the rear LCD, including customizable buttons and flash distribution and memory settings. Additionally, the flash has a dust- and moisture-resistant construction.
- Equipped with a 2.4 GHz radio transceiver, the HVL-F45RM is able to operate as either a radio commander or remote as part of Sony's radio wireless system, including the FA-WRC1M Wireless Radio Commander and FA-WRR1 Wireless Radio Receiver. This system has an operating range of 98' and does not require line-of-sight. Also, it will support up to 15 flashes in five groups on one of 14 channels. Additionally, it has full support for Sony's P-TTL / ADI metering system, including high-speed sync and ratio control.
- Advance Distance Integration (ADI) flash metering works with cameras and lenses with distance encoders to more accurately balance flash output with ambient light and subject reflectivity by taking camera-to-subject distance into account
- Support for optical wireless TTL in both commander or remote modes with up to three groups in one of four channels.
- Compared to its predecessor, the HVL-F45RM has a reduction in size and weight of greater than 10%, making it ideal for use on smaller camera bodies, such as the mirrorless a7 series.
- Guide number of 148' at ISO 100 and 105mm with the ability to produce approximately 210 full-power flashes on a single set of batteries.
- The flash is equipped with an 5500K LED light with an output of 400 lux at 1.6' / 0.5m and 10 power levels. It has coverage for 35mm lenses and will illuminate subjects approximately 3.3' / 1m away when set to ISO 3200 and f/5.6 during movie shooting. Additionally, it will run for about 4 hours on a fully charged set of batteries.
- Flash head offers -8 to 150° of tilt along with a total of 360° of rotation for full bounce flash capabilities.
- Offers a high-visibility dot-matrix LCD and tab-structure menu. Also, the main Quick Navi control interface provides more direct control over commonly accessed settings. Additionally, the main keys can be reprogrammed to rapidly access specific settings.
- Can fire continuously for up to 40 flashes at a rate of 10 flashes per second.
- Slow, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain sync is supported on cameras with TTL communication.
- Zoom head of 24-105mm as well as a pull-out diffusion panel which covers 15mm.
- Flash distribution settings of standard, center (guide number priority), and even (wide angle priority) will adjust how the flash affects the scene or subject.
- Two memory settings are available for near instant recall of different setups.
- Manual flash control from 1/1 to 1/128 power in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps.
- Recycle time of 0.1-2.5 seconds.
- Pull-out bounce card.
- Micro-USB port can be used for firmware updates.
- Compatible with Sony Multi Interface Shoe.
- Dust and moisture-resistant construction for operating in less-than-ideal environments.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.