Flexible zoom range, fast design, and compact profile, the Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD is a unique take on the ubiquitous and popular telephoto zoom. Designed for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras, this lens spans a useful short-telephoto to mid-telephoto range and is characterized by its f/2.8 maximum aperture to suit working in available light conditions and for controlling depth of field. A sophisticated optical design includes a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements to correct a variety of aberrations and a BBAR-G2 coating helps to reduce flare and ghosting for high contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, a floating elements system is used to ensure consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 2.8' to infinity. Autofocus is handled by a pair of VXD linear motor units, which deliver notably fast, accurate, and quiet focusing performance, and full-time manual focus control is also available. Suiting this lens's use in inclement weather conditions, it also features a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to protect against fingerprints and smudging.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 105-270mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- Six low dispersion elements, including both XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and LD (Low Dispersion) designs, greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to realize improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements, including both glass-molded and hybrid types, help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate rendering throughout the zoom range.
- BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection Generation 2) Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Two VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motors deliver impressively quiet, quick, and precise focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. This focusing system offers a minimum focusing distance of 2.8' at all focal lengths, and a 1:4.6 maximum magnification at the 180mm focal length for working with close-up subjects. Full-time manual focus override is also possible, and it is compatible with Sony's Direct Manual Focus function or fine-tuned manual control.
- Two VXD units work in conjunction with a floating elements system to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- When working with manual focus at the 70mm focal length position, it is possible to focus as closely as 10.6" with a 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, however peripheral image quality may be reduced.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Zoom Lock switch prevents unwanted barrel extension during transportation.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.