A unique medium telephoto designed for close-up shooting, the EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM from Canon is an L-series prime well-suited for high detail shooting with a comfortable working distance. For macro applications, this lens affords a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 1.6' minimum focusing distance, however its long focal length is also ideal for portraiture and other closely cropped mid-length shooting needs. In regard to its optical design, three ultra-low dispersion elements are used to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations and a Super Spectra coating has been applied to reduce flare and ghosting. Benefitting these assets is an internal floating focusing system that works to maintain image quality throughout the entire focus range. An Ultrasonic Motor is used to provide quick and quiet autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus, and a Focus Limiter function also helps to ensure fast focus speeds. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions and it has a removable rotating tripod collar to benefit working atop a tripod or monopod.
- Medium-length telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 288mm equivalent focal length
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.6' to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Three ultra-low dispersion (UD) elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Floating elements system along with an internal focusing design helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges for faster focusing performance: 1.6'-infinity and 4.9'-infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.