Is there a difference between working in a camera shop and a coffee shop?
As an outsider looking in at CameraMall, you may think a retail sales position here may be similar to working at a coffee shop--an opportunity to hang out and talk about the latest cameras with customers. While the position requires a desire to keep up with the ever-changing camera technology, the camera is only the beginning.
You'll learn how to assist customers with confidence in guiding them through their photo specialty purchase by asking the right questions, listening to their answers, and synthesizing that information into a product recommendation based on product knowledge. Every one of our customers has a unique story, and it will be your job to help them capture and share it through their photography.
- Proven past success in a customer-facing position
- Able to handle a hard multi-tasking environment
- An outgoing, friendly personality
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where both self-sufficiency and teamwork are required
- Recognize customer needs and exceed their expectations
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient level computer skills
- Be prepared
- On-time: Arrive 10 minutes before shift start dressed in appropriate work attire
- Be informed:
- Maintain an up to date working product knowledge
- Know what we have in stock
- Regularly check product pricing information
- Ensure you can speak knowledgeably about upcoming store events
- Ensure the store is prepared to do business (clean, organized, stocked)
- Strive for 100% customer satisfaction
- Always answer the phone, greet customers, while exercising a positive attitude
- Promptly follow-up on leads:
- Record customer contact information for products we do not currently have in stock
- Check-in regularly with customers that have items on order
- Respond as quickly as possible to voicemails, Facebook messages, Yelp messages, Instagram messages, and customer emails
- Recognize what needs to be done and have the self-sufficiency to complete it independently
- Work together with team members to operate as a cohesive unit
- Communicate with other team members to provide follow-up information, tricky situations, and offer constructive criticism in daily meetings
The right candidate candidate will be offered a compensation package that will include an hourly wage plus an incentive program. We have found this combination to be very rewarding for motivated and effective staff members.