Sony has managed to squeeze exceptional quality into the extraordinarily compact Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens, making it a near perfect match for full-frame E-mount cameras. It benefits greatly from Zeiss's optical technology, as it utilizes a Sonnar design with three double-sided aspherical to provide the relatively fast f/2.8 aperture with minimal aberrations. The lens is also equipped with Zeiss' T* anti-reflective coating to effectively eliminate flare and ghosting. Taking things up a notch is the linear autofocus motor and internal focusing design, resulting in fast, quiet, and responsive performance in stills and video as well providing a minimum focus distance of 13.8". On top of all this, the lens uses a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh and has a dust- and moisture-resistant construction that ensure it will keep functioning in less-than-ideal weather conditions.
- Based on the Zeiss Sonnar optical concept, this lens uses a design with seven elements in five groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/2.8 while simultaneously reducing flare and improving contrast.
- A wide-angle prime designed for full-frame E-mount cameras, this 35mm lens will provide a excellent perspective for street photography, environmental portraits, and general-purpose shooting. It can also be used on APS-C format cameras where it will provide an equivalent focal length of 52.5mm.
- The f/2.8 maximum aperture allows users to create images with shallow depth of field and work in low-light conditions with relative ease.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Three double-sided aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Included with the lens is a dedicated cap-style lens hood that is extremely compact and prevents flare. It also features its own 40.5mm filter thread in addition to the 49mm thread located on the lens.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.