Shoot for greatness with the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S from Nikon. Ideal for sports and wildlife and offering impressive reach with impressive speed, this super-telephoto lens is characterized by its bright f/2.8 maximum aperture and sophisticated optical, autofocus, and VR systems. Distinguishing itself among most prime lenses, this 400mm lens features a built-in 1.4x teleconverter to allow for on-the-fly switching to an effective 560mm f/4 lens for greater reach.
A newly designed Meso Amorphous Coat, together with the lens' ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats, provide outstanding anti-glare performance when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions. Balancing the optical merits of the lens, a multi-focusing system combines Silky Swift VCM autofocus with a powerful STM stepping motor for quiet, fast, and precise autofocus performance. Additionally, Vibration Reduction image stabilization reduces the appearance of camera shake by approximately 5.5 stops and supports Synchro VR for more refined stabilization when paired with compatible cameras.
- Built-in 1.4x teleconverter allows you to instantly extend your reach to 560mm simply by flipping the right-hand switch. Since the teleconverter is integrated within the lens housing, it is optically matched to the lens for improved imaging performance and also fully maintains the lens's weather sealing.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture excels in low-light situations and also benefits controlling depth of field using selective focus techniques.
- S-Line optical design incorporates ground aspherical and short-wavelength refractive (SR) elements, which control a variety of aberrations in order to produce high sharpness, clarity, and accurate color rendering.
- Newly designed Meso Amorphous Coat controls incidental light from any direction and provides outstanding anti-glare performance. Combined with the lens' ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats, these coatings prevent ghosting, reflections, and flare in order to realize improved contrast and clarity when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions.
- Multi-focusing system combines Silky Swift VCM autofocus with a powerful STM stepping motor for fast and precise autofocus performance. The newly designed guide mechanism and AF actuators provide smooth and accurate AF control throughout the entire focusing range, including at close distances.
- Benefitting video use, the Silky Swift VCM is also especially quiet and the multi-focusing system also greatly reduces focus breathing.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization reduces the appearance of camera shake by approximately 5.5 stops to better enable handheld shooting in low-light situations. Synchro VR is also supported when paired with compatible cameras, which combines in-body VR with optical VR for improved results.
- Customizable Fn buttons, Fn ring, and Memory Set button work in conjunction with camera-based Fn buttons for quickly changing exposure settings, focus position, and other customizable functions.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Rotating tripod collar offers mounting stability when shooting atop a monopod or tripod
- Dust and moisture resistant design protects the lens from inclement weather conditions.
- Compatible with optional Z-Teleconverter TC-1.4x and TC-2x to further extend the reach of this lens.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.