The Noct is back and faster than ever with the Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct. Made possible by the wider design of the Z mount, this renowned and unique lens has returned with an updated design specifically for the Z-series of mirrorless cameras. Characterized by its advanced optical design and exceedingly bright f/0.95 maximum aperture, this lens excels in low-light conditions and also affords extreme control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. Like its Noct predecessor, this lens has a manual focus design for fine-tuned control that makes it suitable for both photo and video applications. Its optical design incorporates a large-diameter ground aspherical element, which reduces spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness and accurate rendering. An ARNEO coat, along with a Nano Crystal Coat and fluorine coat, has also been applied to individual elements to greatly suppress flare and ghosting for clean, color-accurate imagery when working in strong lighting conditions.
Balancing its optical merits, the new Noct has also been updated with an assignable Fn button for lens-based control over shooting settings. A top lens information panel is also incorporated, which allows you to quickly confirm aperture, focus distance, and depth of field settings. Also, like other S-series Z-mount lenses, there is a a programmable control ring that can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- Slightly longer-than-normal prime is designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras, however is also compatible with DX models where it provides an 87mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceedingly fast f/0.95 maximum aperture achieves an impressively shallow depth of field for dramatic selective focus effects and also benefits working in very low-light conditions.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Three aspherical elements, including one large-diameter ground aspherical element, are used to greatly reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering. Additionally, the optical design has also been optimized for shooting at wider apertures and minimizes comatic aberrations and ensures even sharpness across the frame.
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats are used to prevent ghosting, reflections, and flare in order to realize improved contrast and clarity when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions. The Nano Crystal Coat controls incidental light from a diagonal direction while the ARNEO Coat controls incidental light from a vertical direction. A Super Integrated Coating is also featured, to help ensure consistently accurate colors, as well as a fluorine coating, to repel dust, dirt, and moisture.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.6' away. Focusing operations is benefitted by an OLED information panel on the top of the lens, which displays focus distance, depth of field, and aperture setting information to help recognize lens settings and hyperfocal distances quickly and easily.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust aperture settings, but can also be used to control exposure compensation settings.
- Assignable L.Fn button works in conjunction with camera-based Fn buttons to provide a seamless point for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- An 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a distinctly smooth bokeh quality that helps to emphasize separation and depth between your subject and background.
- Rotating tripod collar provides greater stability when working with this lens atop a tripod or monopod.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.