Nikon has reimagined both on- and off-camera lighting with the SB-5000 AF Speedlight, which brings revolutionary radio control to the Creative Lighting System with Advanced Wireless Lighting and comes equipped with a world's first shoe-mounted flash cooling system that enables up to 100 consecutive full-power flashes. These features alone are enough to put it at the top of the speedlight heap, but the SB-5000 doesn't rest and provides a powerful guide number of 113' at ISO 100 and 35mm while also shrinking in overall size compared to its predecessors.
Of course, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight is fully compatible with Nikon's i-TTL automatic exposure system found in a majority of their cameras for fast, accurate operation. The radio control implemented in the SB-5000 requires a compatible DSLR using the WR-A10 Wireless Remote Adapter and WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller in order to fully realize the power of the system. This enables the camera and flash to wirelessly control up to six groups of flashes from up to 98' away, without requiring any line of sight. Also, the SB-5000 and the radio system are fully compatible with the existing optical triggering method of older units and can even be mixed and matched for maximum versatility.
Designed for reliability as well as versatility, the innovative built-in cooling system of the SB-5000 is a first for shoe-mounted flashes. It vents heat quickly and efficiently, allowing you to fire up to 100 consecutive full power flashes without issue. It also means that the flash can be made smaller without compromising performance. This new design also ensures speedy and intuitive operation, implementing an Info button for fast access to some of your most commonly used settings.
As a standard flash the SB-5000 will not disappoint, providing a wide ranging zoom head of 24-200mm which can be extended down to 14mm with use of the built-in diffusion panel. The head will also tilt from -7 to +90° and rotate left and right 180° for complete bounce capabilities. Full sync mode support is available with slow, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain options.
The flash has a quick recycle time of 1.8-2.6 seconds and runs on four AA batteries. It can be powered by select external battery packs. A PC terminal can be found on the SB-5000 for further triggering options and it comes with a stand, diffusion dome, fluorescent and incandescent filters, and a soft case.
- Radio control Advanced Wireless Lighting when used with a D5 or D500 DSLR equipped with WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller and WR-A10 Wireless Remote Adapter
- Radio triggering range of 98' with no line-of-sight requirement and with control over 6 groups of flashes
- Shoe-mount flash cooling system with a heat-shedding design enables over 100 bursts at full output without overheating
- Guide number of 113' at ISO 100 and 35mm or 180' at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Coverage of 14-24mm in FX when using built-in wide-angle diffusion panel
- Manual power output from 1/1 to 1/256
- Light distribution angle is automatically adjustable to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats with standard, even, and center-weighted options
- Wireless Commander TTL capabilities with both optical and radio trigger options
- Commander Mode to set up optical wireless flashes in 3 groups and in one of 4 channels
- Control and mix optical and radio flashes
- Backlit rear LCD panel
- Customize settings with Unified Flash Control and a personal computer with version 2.23 or later of Nikon's Camera Control Pro 2 software installed
- Flash head tilts with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45 °, 60°, 75°, and 90°
- Flash head rotates left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180°
- Flash exposure compensation from -3 to +3 EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Info button for fast access to commonly adjusted settings
- Works with SK-6 Power Bracket Unit and SD-9 High-Performance Battery Pack
- Flash-ready indicator lights
- Flash duration of 1/980 to 1/30,820 second depending on output setting
- AF-assist light, modeling illuminator, monitor pre-flashes, and test firing settings
- Automatic color filter detection for adjusting the camera's color temperature settings
- Firmware can be updated through camera
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.