The 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens from Sigma is a versatile wide-angle to portrait-length zoom characterized by its f/2.8 constant maximum aperture. The design suits working in available lighting conditions while affording increased control over depth of field. More lightweight and compact than similar 24-70mm lenses, it's optical design incorporates two FLD and two SLD low-dispersion elements plus three aspherical elements that reduce a variety of aberrations to achieve high sharpness, enhanced clarity, and improved color accuracy. It features just one lightweight focusing element, which keeps the AF unit small. This, along with a quiet and fast stepping motor, makes for responsive and near-silent autofocus performance, an ideal combination for filmmakers looking for a high-performance, lightweight, and easy-to-handle camera system that works well with a gimbal or other accessories.
Each optical surface features Super Multi-Layer and Nano Porous coatings to improve contrast and color rendering by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for optimal light transmission, and an added water- and oil-repellent coating on the front optic helps keep the lens free from smudges and droplets. The weather-sealed design benefits working in trying environmental conditions, and a nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes a pleasing bokeh quality when using wider apertures.
- Standard zoom for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras
- 36-105mm equivalent focal length when used on an APS-C camera
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for Low light use and depth-of-field control
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing
- Three aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortion
- Both Super Multi-Layer and Nano Porous coatings minimize lens flare and ghosting and produce contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery
- Integrated stepping motor and optimized AF algorithm provides quick and quiet autofocus
- 28mm minimum focus distance: 7.5", 1:3.3 magnification
- 70mm minimum focus distance: 15", 1:4.6 magnification
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for a pleasing bokeh quality
- Brass bayonet for mounting accuracy and rigidity
- Rubber sealing for dust- and splash-resistance
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.