Fast, sharp, and loaded with the latest technology, the Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA Lens from Sony offers full-frame E-mount shooters a classic wide-angle focal length with excellent optical performance. Offering a maximum aperture of f/1.4, shooters will enjoy excellent performance in low-light conditions as well as the ability to create images with a shallow depth of field. Ensuring excellent imagery are three aspherical elements and one Advanced Aspherical (AA) element which combat aberrations. Along with this, the lens uses a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating to effectively eliminate flare and ghosting to create a sharp, contrasty image.
Photographers and videographers will enjoy fast, responsive focusing due to the implementation of a direct drive Super Sonic wave AF Motor (SSM) and an internal focusing mechanism. There are tactile control options as well, including an AF/MF switch and a physical aperture ring, which can be de-clicked for smooth iris changes during video. Smooth bokeh is also a characteristic of this lens due to the use of a nine-blade circular diaphragm. And, the lens is dust and moisture resistant for use in less-than-ideal conditions.
- Based on the Zeiss Distagon optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in eight groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.4 while helping to minimize vignetting and spherical aberrations.
- A wide-angle prime designed for full-frame E-mount cameras, this 35mm is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One Advanced Aspherical (AA) and two aspherical elements are incorporated into the optical design for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- A direct drive Super Sonic wave Motor autofocus system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.