Spanning a versatile zoom range and characterized by its bright design, the Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD is a 25.5-105mm-equivalent lens for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The wide to short-tele range is ideal for everyday shooting and the fast f/2.8 constant maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and offers improved control over depth of field. Complementing this design is a series of specialized optics, including aspherical and low dispersion elements, that produce well-corrected imagery with high sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. Individual elements also feature Tamron's BBAR coating, which suppresses flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions.
Adding to the versatility of the zoom design is a Vibration Compensation image stabilization system, which reduces the appearance of camera shake for steadier photo and video recording in low-light conditions. Also benefitting handling, an RXD stepping motor enables quick, near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override and a minimum focusing distance of 7.5". Suiting this lens's use in inclement weather conditions, it also features a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to protect against fingerprints and smudging.
- Versatile zoom is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and covers wide-angle to short-telephoto fields of view with its 25.5-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- Two molded glass aspherical elements and one hybrid aspherical element help to correct distortion and spherical aberrations to achieve a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Two LD (Low Dispersion) elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to realize improved clarity and color accuracy.
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) autofocus motor delivers impressively quiet, quick, and smooth focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. This focusing system also offers a minimum focusing distance of just 7.5" and a 1:4.8 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects. Full-time manual focus override is also possible, and it is compatible with Sony's Direct Manual Focus function or fine-tuned manual control.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.