Compact, yet packed of features, the HVL-F32M External Flash from Sony is well-suited for use on mirrorless cameras as well as smaller DSLRs, or for those who are simply looking for a lightweight on-camera lighting solution. The flash balances power and size with a respectable guide number of 105' at ISO 100 and 105mm as well as an auto zoom range of 24-105mm on full-frame cameras, expandable to 15mm with the built-in wide-angle panel. Also, unit can tilt upward 90° as well as rotate 180° right and 90° left for bouncing light in horizontal and vertical shooting positions.
Another benefit of the flash is the ability to use it as either a wireless TTL controller or as a remote flash. This allows users to set up multiple flash units around their subject for more complex lighting setups. The HVL-F32M also has a comprehensive LCD panel on the back for viewing and changing settings as well as a charge progress indicator. Dust and water resistance is also a major feature of this unit along with high-speed, slow, first and second curtain synchronization settings. Additionally, it has a recycle time of 0.1 to 5 seconds and runs on 2 AA batteries. It comes with a terminal protector cap, mini-stand, and carrying case.
This unit is compatible with Sony's Multi Interface Shoe and is not natively compatible with the older Sony/Minolta Auto-Lock Accessory Shoe. Though, with the use of ADP-AMA Shoe Adapter, Sony cameras with the Auto-Lock Accessory Shoe can be adapted to use Multi Interface Shoe external flashes with full compatibility.
- Advance Distance Integration (ADI) flash metering works with cameras and lenses with distance encoders to more accurately balance flash output with ambient light and subject reflectivity by taking camera-to-subject distance into account
- Continuous flash performance of 40 flashes at 5 Hz with normal flash at 1/32 power and the 105mm setting
- Built-in bounce card for creating catchlights
- Auto zoom function will recognize and adjust for sensor size
- Color temperature of approximately 5500K
- Wireless channel is fixed to channel 1
- Power saving mode
- Charge progress indicator switches from red, orange, yellow, and green to show current status
- Manual flash control from 1/1 to 1/128 power in 1/3 EV steps
- Battery life of about 120-150 flashes
- Locking hot shoe
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.