A popular telephoto zoom for a variety of shooting applications, this Canon EF-mount SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens from Tamron is characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, as well as sophisticated optical and physical designs. In regard to optics, an improved layout contains one XLD element and five LD elements to suppress color fringing and chromatic aberrations for notable clarity and color accuracy, and both BBAR and eBAND coatings have been applied to reduce flare and ghosting.
Complementing the optical assets, this 70-200mm f/2.8 also features an advanced Vibration Compensation (VC) system that compensates for up to five stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A ring-type Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor is also featured for responsive and accurate performance, and also affords full-time manual focus override for fine-tuned control. Additionally, the lens is also dust- and moisture-resistant for working in trying environmental conditions, and it is paired with a rotating, removable tripod foot with an Arca-type compatible base for seamless shooting atop a tripod or monopod.
- Spanning a useful range of telephoto focal lengths, this lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and affords consistent performance throughout the entire zoom range.
- One XLD (extra-low dispersion) and five LD (low dispersion) elements are featured in the optical design to noticeably limit color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity, color fidelity, and apparent sharpness.
- Both eBAND and BBAR coatings have been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Three separate VC modes are also available to suit various styles of shooting: Mode 1 is a balanced setting for general use, and promotes both a stabilized viewfinder image and stabilized results; Mode 2 is designed exclusively for panning movements; and Mode 3 is optimized to stabilize only during capture without stabilizing the viewfinder image.
- A ring-type USD autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 3.1' away.
- A sealed, dust- and moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- A removable rotating tripod collar features an Arca-type compatible foot and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Durable metal barrel uses a curved, ergonomic shape for easy handling, and both the zoom and focus rings are textured for improved grip.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- An electromagnetic diaphragm is used for more precise and consistent exposure control, especially when shooting at high continuous shooting rates.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
|WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.