A flexible lens for telephoto shooting, the Canon EF-mount 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD from Tamron spans a useful focal length range along with a lightweight design for even greater versatility. The lens's optical design incorporates three low dispersion elements to suppress color fringing and chromatic aberrations, while an eBAND coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and clarity. Complementing the optical design is a high-speed Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus system, which is benefitted by a dual MPU for quick and responsive performance. Vibration Compensation is also featured to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Suiting this 100-400's use outdoors, it's magnesium alloy construction is also weather-sealed for working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Spanning a versatile range of long focal lengths, this telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 160-640mm equivalent focal length range.
- Three LD (low dispersion) elements are used in the optical design to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy throughout the zoom range.
- An eBAND coating has been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 4.9' away.
- Dual Micro-Processing Unit control system contributes to quick and responsive performance for both the autofocus and Vibration Compensation systems.
- A sealed, dust- and moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Through the use of magnesium alloy components, the lens's physical design is both lightweight and durable.
- An optional removable rotating tripod collar is available, which features an Arca-type compatible foot and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Supports working with the optional Teleconverter 1.4x to further extend the effective focal length range to 140-560mm.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.