Combining long reach and a portable form factor, the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR from Nikon is a prime telephoto that features a unique Phase Fresnel element to greatly reduce the size and weight compared to other 300mm lenses. This element, along with one extra-low dispersion glass element, also helps to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy. Individual elements also feature both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings to suppress flare and ghosting, as well as a protective fluorine coating to guard the optical system from dust and moisture.
Benefitting the optical design, the lens also features a Silent Wave Motor AF system that produces fast, near-silent focusing performance to suit both stills shooting and movie recording, and which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Telephoto prime designed for use with FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, this lens is also compatible with DX models where it will provide a 450mm equivalent focal length.
- One Phase Fresnel element and one extra-low dispersion lens element work to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake by 4.5 stops, benefiting this lens's use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Fluorine-coated front element affords protection to the optical system.
Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
This mechanism limits the compatibility of this lens to the following cameras: D5, D4, D3 series, Df, D850, D810, D810A, D800/E, D750, D700, D610, D600, D500, D300/S, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, Nikon Z7/Z6 with FTZ, Nikon 1 J1, J2, J3, J4 with FT-1, Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3 with FT-1, and Nikon 1 S1, S2 with FT-1.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.