A big lens for the Micro Four Thirds system, the Leica DG Elmarit 200mm f/2.8 POWER O.I.S. Lens from Panasonic is a 400mm-equivalent super telephoto prime, developed in partnership with Leica, that promises sharp imagery and excellent handling. With a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture users can work in low-light conditions and create images with a shallow depth of field. Ensuring optimal image quality, the design incorporates two Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion (UED) elements that combat aberrations while a Nano Surface Coating is applied to minimize flare.
Optimized for the capture of distant and fast-moving subject matter, this lens is equipped with a quiet triple linear motor autofocus system that has a 240 fps sensor drive for exceptionally fast performance in both stills and video. Also, a POWER Optical Image Stabilizer will compensate for camera shake and works with Panasonic's Dual I.S. and Dual I.S. 2.0 in-camera stabilization functions. Along with this, quick access lens controls, including a focus limiter, focus button, and focus memory switch, are available for tactile control over numerous settings.
Further benefitting the professional nature of this optic is a splash, dust, and freezeproof design for use in less-than-ideal weather conditions. It is compatible with teleconverters for added reach and the DMW-TC14 1.4x Teleconverter is included for creating a 560mm-equivalent lens at the cost of one stop of light.
- With a 400mm equivalent focal length on Micro Four Thirds cameras, this telephoto prime is well suited to working with distant subject matter.
- A fast f/2.8 maximum aperture excels when working in difficult lighting conditions and provides extensive control over depth of field.
- Two ultra extra-low dispersion elements minimize various aberrations in order to produce a high degree of clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy.
- Nano Surface Coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality.
- A triple linear motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications when working in noise-sensitive areas. It is also able to drive the motor at up to 240 fps for high-speed applications and is silent for use in video.
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting, and also supports the Dual I.S. and Dual I.S. 2.0 functions for increased stabilization performance.
- Physical controls located on the lens barrel provide quick access to many commonly adjusted settings. This includes a focus control limiter for changing from full-range focusing or 9.8' to infinity for faster operation in some circumstances. Also, there is a focus button and a focus memory switch that can be set up to store focus position or to recall a specific camera function. In addition to these more unique controls, there is an AF/MF switch and a POWER O.I.S. on/off switch.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions down to -14°F.
- A quick-shift, two-part rotating tripod collar permits quick switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations, and keeps the lens controls in the same place once rotated for more intuitive handling.
- The lens comes supplied with a 1.4x teleconverter, providing users with a 560mm-equivalent focal length at a cost of 1 stop of light. For even more reach, an optional 2x teleconverter is available for an 800mm-equivalent focal length.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.